My name is Joe Gillis and I am a Transportation Consultant and Project Manager living in Alpharetta, Georgia . This blog will be a place to share my research and knowledge of the transportation industry, list related links and receive input from others interested in the technology or industry. I am also interested in technologies in the area of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). For my ITS commentary, please read my Intelligent Transportation Blog. IntelliDrive
I have worked on projects for the Federal DOT, state DOTs and local municipalities helping them to implement new ITS solutions or improve their traffic operations using ITS tools.
- Experience and Skill Highlights:
- PMI-certified Project Manager (PMP)
- URS-certified Project Manager
- Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
- Presented Technical Reports to National ITS Conferences
- Developed ITS Architectures / Proficient with Turbo Architecture
- Followed QA/QC plans and System Engineering (V-Diagram) procedures
- Developed ITS Concepts of Operations
- Served as POC for VII/IntelliDrive/Connected vehicle in the Atlanta URS Office
- Knowledgeable of Transportation Management Center Operations
- Prepared and developed ATMS Plans and Reports
- Recommended Strategic ITS Deployments and Implementations
A quick note about comments – because of spam, I am restricting comments. Feel free to email me.